Montag, 9. Dezember 2013

first snow

So it's winter now, finally. We had a couple of cold days lately with temperatures dropping far below 0°. For Vancouver that's pretty cold... I've been told. Today it was manageable but when I woke up, the city was covered under a thin layer of snow. In Munich I love this mood, but here it was different. As buildings are high rises, you don't see snowy rooftops from the streets. What a shame, just half the fun!
Still fun though, time to take my new winter boots on a little hike.
Just a couple of blocks from my apartment there was a blown up water pipe last night. It was just a 20m fountain in the middle of the street. Did't have the chance to capture it because I discovered it at night but what happened to the tree next to the fountain was beautiful! It was completely covered in ice!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen