Montag, 30. Dezember 2013

christmas dinner

My first christmas away from home was definitely kind of special. I missed my family and friends although I had a long chat with them while I was still at work.
But when it comes to celebrating that eve there has to be great food, great drinks and great guests...
As most people I know were staying with their families that night we were a rather small group of only my roommate, a friend and me. I decided to follow my family's tradition and prepared a 3-course menu for us that we all enjoyed very much. I do not have much experience in cooking several courses but I think it was quite a hit. Also our fireplace made it really romantic.

New year's eve is coming up and I still have no idea how to spend it right. I would really love to participate in a party on one of the high rises with an amazing view, but it's kind of hard to find one that is open for public and not horribly expensive. Anyway 2014 will be a great year no matter where and how it starts!
See you all then!
cozy fake fireplace, baked pumpkin with parmesan and pesto, slow roasted duck legs on yam and carrots 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen